Imagine… by the end of this post, you will be a more effective communicator and thinker, all because you learned how to visualize your thoughts.
Mind Maps are diagrams used to represent ideas for presentations, solving problems and making decisions. The rules for creating a mind map are simple:
- Put the topic in the center.
- Draw branches (like a tree) that are thickest in the center and thin as they extend out.
- Brainstorm keywords - expanding out from the center.
- Use plenty of color, symbols and pictures.
- Be creative and develop your own style of mind mapping.
- Make the hierarchy of keywords clear in your mind map.
If that is as clear as mud -- check out these examples: